21 years old.
University of California, Berkeley.
Things that you should know before You continue to read this:
(1) Hey look at that I'm 21 now! (I started this when I was 18)
(2) I have two best friends; the two people that have consistently been there for me as well as have argued with me and had some of the worst arguments with. First, Jorge Abundiz, is my little brother, the one who knows me the best and will forever be my best friend. Second is someone I like to call my son. His name is Christian, you'll see pictures of him here and there. I couldn't ask better, best friends. These two have my heart.
(3) I attend-and am about to graduate- the prestigious, eloquent, liberal University known as the University of California at Berkeley. Yes, such an accomplishment right? Well I dont really know if this is the school for me.
(4) Eventually I plan on attending Columbia or UCLA Law school [big change from a previous Yale/Harvard]
(5) I was born in East Los Angeles and I'm proud of it. I was raised in Rialto and the city was not the best, seeing how ghetto it was and knowing that I would do anything I wanted with my life anyways I would have rather been raised near Dodger Stadium in the city I was born.. which leads to my next subject
(6) I LOVE sports, any sport... however, I consider sports something that you train, exercise, have a game plan for... therefore, Nascar is not a sport in my eyes. Give me a bat, glove, soccer ball, Frisbee, tennis racket, basketball, golf club, etc and ill give it a try.
(7) I have loved the Dodgers since I was in the womb, they're the pride of Los Angeles and although they have been in a near eternal slump of not winning a world series ('88) I have mad love for my team and wear the clothes in San Francisco every chance I get.
(8) Little known fact, I hated the Lakers as I grew up. However, I met a very influential person in my life who made me see the light. Together we experienced our first Lakers games together.
(9) I have visited Europe two times; Lived in Rome for 4 months. Currently three weeks away (currently May 2013) from spending 3 months in Madrid, Spain.
(10) There will be very few times when you can beat me in an argument, however I will accept it when you beat me in an argument. This is the reason I want to go into Law, I can argue all day but my style of arguing is that of a Lawyer... That being said, if you are going to argue with me validate your statements with proper evidence.
Thats ten things about me you should know. As this Tumblr eventually unveils my life to you, you will understand I have many self doubts, I usually hate life, I love my family, I miss my little brother and many other things.
Glad to waste your time anytime!
Today I turned twenty, as my best friend pointed out no longer a teenager.
Well it’s a new decade in my life and it’s going to take a lot to top the last one which brought upon me many ups and down. Introduced me to the people I now consider my brothers and of course to my best friend. It also saw me get through high school, get accepted into one of the best public universities (Cal) and finally allowed me to live my dream by living in Rome. But, these are all things that happened within the past 4 years; the past decade has however given me so many more experiences which I’ve grown from and have in turn made me stronger. At times I felt weak, I wanted to give up but there was always something, or someone, that kept me going. I thank everyone who has been there for me the past ten years. No, actually anyone who has been there the past twenty years. Wow, twenty.
But anyways, I could write an entire story but I’m getting a tad bit tired so I’ll run you through my day. At midnight (Rome time) I received three text messages wishing me a happy birthday (Vicky, David and Mauro). I shortly after received Jorge’s email in which case he did not wait 3 minutes before my birthday was over (as he did last year) to wish me a happy birthday. Then I fell asleep. Haha.
I woke up, showered got ready then went to class. When I got there one of my classmates told my teacher it was my birthday which then lead to them singing happy birthday (in Italian, of course). This now lets me say that I’ve been sung to in English, Spanish, French and Italian! So that was pretty cool :)
After class I was surprised with 1 KG (about 2.2 pounds) of Gelato (Banana and Strawberry). Oh man, it was a tough challenge, but indeed I finished most of it (about 95%). Oh, and I got to eat this at Piazza Navona of which the fountains are designed by Bernini (who was very much involved in my birthday this year <3). Oh I LOVE BERNINI, just incase you didn’t know.
Then I had two more classes, one which is boring so I won’t even talk about it. BUT THEN, I had my Baroque art class! The BEST lecture of the year in the teachers opinion and my God it was! The lecture on Bernini’s “Flight of Troy,” “Rape of Persephone,” “Apollo and Daphne” and finally “David.” My GOD this professor just speaks about these works of art like no other, he truly allows you to encapsulate everything that Bernini did. Every last detail is explained to you, not only that but the way he does it. It just left me.. speechless. “The Genius” of Bernini as he has coined it along with his lecture just.. WOW. The best part of all this was that we didn’t see these sculptures on a projector, oh no! They were in front of our eyes at Villa Borghese, amazing everything Rome has to offer. It is after all Bernini!
After that I had to power walk my way back to the school because some friends were waiting to take me out to eat. So, when in Rome do as the Romans right? Yup, pizza it was! and boy was it amazing!
Now I’m here, going over birthday wishes and about to shower so that I could attempt to wake up tomorrow around 6 and make my way to Naples and Pompei for the weekend! Thanks for everything guys <3
- matt3boii posted this